I only have 2 more days till the end of my uni life.
I only have 2 more days till my numerical age adds one.
Which sentence is/should be more important?
I'm in slight disbelief. More so at the first sentence. I wonder if i'm emotionally ready to handle being a non-student, which to me, is a bigger deal than adding one more candle on my birthday cake.
When I was 21, that technically made me an adult. However, changing age in the midst of an ongoing studying lifestyle meant that nothing drastic changed. Friends asked: "how do you feel?" I answered: "i feel the same". The day before I turned 21, I had assignments to complete, lectures to attend, exams to study for. The day after I turned 21, I still had assignments to complete, lectures to attend, exams to study for. The same cyle with the same duties and responsibilities. My pocket allowance didn't go up or down. The amount of household chores didnt increase. I did not wake up and gained spider-related abilities. I think education blunts the the transition of age.
And now on friday, I'll wake up in the morning, one year older, and with the propect of no more "next sem, another chance to increase my gpa", and no more "enjoy these months of rest before going back to studying". Weird! =)