<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20003740?origin\x3dhttp://dolphinsplash.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Orientation and pics
Friday, January 4 11:39 AM

I'm Tired! hahaha ok tt's not the way to start an enthusiastic post.

Well, I've met mm and sharon! So that's great, and i'm hanging out with them. Mm and sharon are roomies...nice rite, and they just live opposite the street from me. Rigth now, sharon just told me that the heater in their room is not working, so it's pretty cold over there. My heater's working just fine, and i'm still wearing a sweater, cos my room has this window where the cold seeps in a bit through the glass. It's a great window tho, with a nice view of the road outside, although it's on the 2nd floor, so i keep feeling that ppl can just climb onto the short wall and climb up to my window. (Paranoid Me)

And I still haven't bought a pepper spray yet, so i'll rely on any heavy stuff that I can get my hands on for protection. I'm staying with another girl from NTU, so that's pretty cool. And there are 4 other guys from NTU staying in this building, different floors though. The rest are staying in other appartments, some quite far from here.

There's the shuttle, although sometimes we try and walk to our destinations, cos u wait quite long for the bus, and it's super cold, and there's no shelter/seats, so u have to stand and freeze. Today's low was minus 6, so we all wore long johns and bundled up. Even the 'macho' guys were saying that it was cold, and wearing thick jackets. Some joked about wearing shorts and then going for a run. Heh.

Anyway there are just too many guys from NTU...I don't even know their names! And u all know how bad I am with names. Sighh. Too many guys, Too many names, and They All Look the Same. DRAT. So I'm giving them nicknames: The Pillow Guy, The Guy with the white hat, Guy with the army jacket, Guy who wore the cargo pants.

Looking out of the car at the campus...

Red brick to make the appartment building...

At the entrance of my dear Hamphill. That's my appartment name. You'll need a key to open the entrance door, so at night we shiver while fumbling with the key to open it...

Christmas at Atlanta is nice, and the decorations are everywhere...

Took a drive to scenic Stone Mountain. It's made of granite, and the winds there are chilling. So in the end we stayed in the car and drove around snapping shots. Here's 2 pics...


Finally in my hostel room! It's smaller than NTU, and I share a toilet with another person, and a kitchen with 3 ppl. There's carpeting, and my window is between my desk and my bed, so i'm wearing a jacket and shivering slightly as I type. The cold just comes in altho the window is closed...

My wardrobe is a huge wooden thing, looks old, and is quite dark inside, due to the dim lighting in my room. Here's 2 pics...


See the chair next to my window...brrrrr...

Kk the following pics are taken this morning, today. View outside pysch building...


Tada! The said psych building. Red brick also, and it's warm inside...

This was taken outside the psych building, where we went camera crazy. The wind stopped momentarily, so it was warmer, and a good time to take photos...



I like this pic, mm took it, good phototaking skills hor. haha!...

RA! We got so excited by it...

And of course, pics around to show of the super nice, but super huge campus...

Bright blazing sunlight, but why oh why is izzit still so cold? It sure doesn't look cold from this pic...


Tried to take squirrels pics, but it's real hard to get close to them. There loads of them here, and mm and sharon keep trying to take pics of them. Me? I'm too cold to chase after squirrels, but they're CUTE...


Outside the Student Services Centre is a frozen pond/fountain, where ppl keep trying to put one leg out to test if e ice can take their weight. lol. Later in the day, the ice half-melted...

More pics, esp group pics with others...so hahha u all still won't get to see the ppl i'm here with.

---------------------------------

surfslayer and ting: why u all want to smother me with snow? hahahahaha. cold leh. if only there's such a thing as warm snow.
ting: i miss Da Ge! hahahahah, and the hot milo that he makes. hahaha I miss you also! Next sem i'll try to come back to 15, then we can study tgt, and go to classes with qi n jul.
yami: eh, u ok already? how's ur sorethroat. yup, mm shld get AT&T then we can call u. I think we're gg to get her phone soon...will let u know. drink hot water and eat fruits! Get well soon gal. How cold izzit up there?
-x-: I miss u too! so glad u tagged on my tagboard. how r u? U noe wad...i bought gong1 zhu3 xiao3 mei4, then i forgot to bring over here. So sad, now dont have nice chinese shows to watch, except on youtube.

I think i miss all my frens...tkgs, tjc, ntu. So ah, u all must take care, and i'll come back and see ya again! Oh and thx for all e lovely tags on e tagboard!



mugshot

Spider-hating. Sashimi-loving. Travel-obsessed. Everydaygal. [-but i want more in life-]

when fruits talk



fellow fruits in the basket

minhuey neomei chenyeh joyce

jieying qi jiaying meimei jul ting sharon yammie emme yx

tais-toi aromacookery thebakerwhocooks bagsnob joannepeh bentoblog eatyourkimchi

looking back

December 2005
October 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010


the optimist's cheatsheet


Positive thoughts from bbc.co.uk/slink
credits

Please do not remove this section. Your honesty will be much appreciated. tyvm.
I: Designer
II: Image
III: Imageshack