<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20003740?origin\x3dhttp://dolphinsplash.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Georgia, last day of 2007
Wednesday, January 2 6:06 AM

Keep the umbrellas! The rain has stopped, and here comes the cold wind blowing down from the north. New York's starting to snow in the northeast cities, so the folks up there had better be wearing warmer clothes. On the plus side, many kids will be having a winter wonderland.

Got this pic from the weather update on msn - Albany, New York. The snow was descibed as "fluffy" and "10 inches" deep. Reminds me of Narnia.


Luckily (or unluckily) for me, it isn't snowing here. When I stand in the sun, I feel so toasty and warm, but in the shade, the cold wind blows so that I can feel it cutting through my jeans and sneaking under my coat. Atlanta's 6 degrees, a natural air-con. Actually I'm worried that the winds would blow the snow down into the middle of New York, and then my parents will have to drive back in the snow. Praying that God will grant them a safe trip back.

Anyway yesterday was a fun day. I took the marta, Atlanta's mrt, to travel around city. Well maintained, but I still prefer our mrt - more familiar and more like home. And then we stopped at Five Points Station to see the preparations being made for the big countdown. Georgia's called the Peach State. It's famous for producing the highest quality peaches, and it's the official state fruit. (For s'pore, it'll be durian?) Hence for the big countdown, they 'drop the peach' during the last precious seconds. There is this tower, with the peach on top, and when the counting starts, it'll move downwards (motorized), and reach the bottom at "0"!

So we hung around, and took pics of the tower and the decorations. They were setting up the stage for the concert, and the band was rehearsing. The music blasting! The drums! The Electric Guitars! Oh gosh, i'm such a sucker for electric guitar music. Apparently the music-high was infectious - us and most passerbys plonked down on the nearby stairs, and were entertained.

This guy next to me started playing air-drum. HAhah oh but he's GOOD...he actually knew the drum score for the songs. And his gestures were the same as the drummer on stage. I've seen ppl play air-guitar before, but never air-drum. And then a few guys who were walking out of a nearby shopping area (the Underground) just dropped their bags on the side, and began breakdancing to the music. People cheered, and a few starting wishing passerbys a Happy New Year in advance.

After awhile, we left and walked on to the nearby Olympic Park, and sat down to watch park-goers play soccer and impromptu frisbee (just walk up to those playing and say that you want to join in the game).

I'm sorry, I took a few pics, on my hp, but somehow my com refused to bluetooth with my hp, and then i'm too sian to find a wire and connect it manually. Paiseh! Just imagine the scenes then! *evil grin*

--------------------------------

School's starting soon, and I'm meeting Mm and Sharon tomorrow! How nice! And thx for all those who wished me Happy New Year! *muacks* Everyone, take care in s'pore and I hope everyone will have a wonderful 2008 (and had a wonderful 2007).

-------------------------------

Yami! hahhah hi how are u?! (heehee exclusively to yami)




mugshot

Spider-hating. Sashimi-loving. Travel-obsessed. Everydaygal. [-but i want more in life-]

when fruits talk



fellow fruits in the basket

minhuey neomei chenyeh joyce

jieying qi jiaying meimei jul ting sharon yammie emme yx

tais-toi aromacookery thebakerwhocooks bagsnob joannepeh bentoblog eatyourkimchi

looking back

December 2005
October 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010


the optimist's cheatsheet


Positive thoughts from bbc.co.uk/slink
credits

Please do not remove this section. Your honesty will be much appreciated. tyvm.
I: Designer
II: Image
III: Imageshack