<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20003740?origin\x3dhttp://dolphinsplash.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
a good school week
Saturday, October 20 1:15 PM

--He who runs away, lives to run another day--

Hahha! That phrase popped out when I was telling my bro abt seeing a brown tree spider in the same toilet cubicle as me. When I realised it was on the wall...straightaway, I went into denial: "oh no. that is not a spider"

Then one sec later: "shit. it IS a spider!"
"ok.
don't move.
don't panic.
breathe.
no, don't move, perhaps it can't see u.
let's get outta here!!!"

I tell you, the last time I ran from the toilet was when I saw a praying mantis hanging from the overhead lightbulb, leering at me. (Hannah n Ting didn't even bother to stifle their giggles at the sight of poor distraught stephie -.-")

----------------------------------------------------------------------
That was on tuesday. And then on thursday, I began my volunteer visit to the Boys' Home. Yup, that's right, I'm volunteering there, as part of my school's Welfare Services Club.

Once a week, every thurs night, and the rule is "no shorts, no skirts, no sleeveless, no slippers". It's a boys' home, duh, not a party place. Although, I was still amazed at the amount of security gates we had to go thru.

Our role, as befrienders, was relatively easy - talk and play games with the boys. Which was what we did ^^ Kudos to Desiree for thinking up the highly entertaining Zhong Ji Mi Ma! At the end of the session, we were all grinning at the forfeits (sing a song) and trying our best to hai each other.

It was a bit scary at first, going into a quiet security compound, which suddenly became loud and noisy when the boys saw us, and some even shouted out to us throught the fencing. And I didn't know what it would be like, talking to them. I was quite wary, in such a foreign environment. The ones we talked to were rather street-smart, and quick, which made them seem older than they really are.

Next saturday's Family Day - lots of games, and their families will come to visit them and join in the fun. We might even get to join in the games with the boys! Hopefully everyone will be more open and relaxed then. And maybe, they'll see us as friends...

-----------------------------------------------------
And to round off the school week, on friday, me jul qi went to the NIE bazaar for a bout of retail therapy, where I cheerfully (ok, not that cheerfull) handed over $50 in exchange for 1 snowwhitedwarf shirt, 1 littlemiss shirt, 1 slogan t, and 1 artistically designed denim skirt.

I think I spent the most. damn. *tiny guilty feeling*

And to round it off, we and ting trooped over to the nearby hall canteen for ice cream waffles and hotdog with meat sauce. hooray!



mugshot

Spider-hating. Sashimi-loving. Travel-obsessed. Everydaygal. [-but i want more in life-]

when fruits talk



fellow fruits in the basket

minhuey neomei chenyeh joyce

jieying qi jiaying meimei jul ting sharon yammie emme yx

tais-toi aromacookery thebakerwhocooks bagsnob joannepeh bentoblog eatyourkimchi

looking back

December 2005
October 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010


the optimist's cheatsheet


Positive thoughts from bbc.co.uk/slink
credits

Please do not remove this section. Your honesty will be much appreciated. tyvm.
I: Designer
II: Image
III: Imageshack