previous post: "what the hell is wrong with the system" <---- apparently there
was something wrong with e system, and it wasn't just me that was affected, everyone else too. Heard the freshies panicked. Poor things, such a welcome to uni.
So at around mid-morning, the system was righted, everything was back to normal, and there was a collective sigh of relief. And surprise, surprise...i got the modules i'd wanted. With a balloting system, and twice as many hopefuls, steph here managed to score a place at the highly popular (and highly anticipated, no doubt)
Forensic Science. Whooosh!!!
Now with 3 psych, french, and forensic science, i'm all set to rock this sem! *detect ecstatic tone*
Anwae, psych orientation day was ok too =) Although next year i'll want to be a GL =p
----------~
On another note, RDA on saturday was still as tiring, and even more so frustrating this time. Playful little girl made a wild snatch at my hair, and managed to grab a handful of my cloth scrunchie. So there was this moment when I wrestled with her while shouting at her to "let go!". All this next to a horse. Good gosh! Thankfully it (the horse) wasn't Blossom or we might have gotten kicked.
I could feel, from the moment she arrived, that she was in a rather distracted sort of mood. Tell her to do warm-ups and she looked elsewhere. Give her simple instructions and she'll act like she didn't hear. Ask her to sit up straight and she'll bend over and hug the horse. I think she almost slid out of the saddle once.
It got to the point where we were almost begging her, and eventually Susan came over and took charge, with the dire warning that if she "do that again, she'll be taken off the horse". So she listened, rather grudgingly though.
I tell you, if next week she does that again, I'll bring her to the centre of the arena, stop the horse, get her to bend forward and stay like that for 15 mins. The saddle gets in the way when she bends, and it'll be very uncomfortable, and ...it'll serve her right!
I'm so nice to her, and she still so uncooperative. I know she understands perfectly what i'm saying, and she likes attention, so she's doing all these to test how far she can push me, testing the boundaries. Next week will have to use the 'Bad cop, Good cop' routine le!
At least it ended quite well, and me and some of the volunteering ended up gossipping about too-flirty guys while waiting for the bus. haha!