One of these days I have to get myself the complete set of The Narnia Chronicles or some books by Jacqueline Wilson. Or even a few Roald Dahl reads. And then i'll pile them up messily on top of the bookcase downstairs, so that i can grab one to read while i have my midnight snacks. Snacks, like sandwhiches with milo, go wonderfully well with good stories; just like popcorn and movies.
Right now, the book selection at home is fine, lots of nice stuff. But of course there's only so many times one can read Village by the Sea. My sec sch textbk, and one of the few i reread constantly. I mean, R & J is all very prose-y and deep, but i'm likelier to choke on my biscuits at the "I love you, You love me more" mushy parts. (and the death scenes too. waaay too depressing.)
So anyway, when I
do get those books, there'll be no more times when i start to think "oh i shld get
The Silver Chair" or "this egg and cheese toast would taste nicer with
Double Act". This happens once or twice a year. But then i'll say practically, "it's much easier to go over to e library, so stop lounging, you lazy, and go. now". I seem to have a tendency to occasionally talk to myself. (wonder how it started)